Each driver must be between the ages of 25 and 69; the driver must hold the necessary driving licence to drive a motor home and have a minimum of two years’ experience as a qualified driver. Drivers over 69 may be approved by our insurer to drive the motorhome, this will be subject to the driver having a clean licience and accepting a increase to the insurance excess – for more details please contact us before booking.
Should the driver be responsible for an accident in the 3 years previous to the hire collection date then the driver will not be approved by Chelston Motorhome Hire to drive the motorhome .
Category B or B1 Licence required with no more than 6 penalty points (speeding / parking fine related) for motor homes 3500 kg or under.
A deposit of 25% of the hire fee is payable within 48 hours of placing the booking, then the remaining 75% is payable 6 weeks before the due date. Should a booking be made within 6 weeks of the hire period then the full amount is payable at the time of booking.
A security deposit of a value equivalent of the insurance excess is required to cover the insurance excess plus it may also be used to recover the cost to rectify any other damage through mis-use of the motorhome or the motorhome being returned in a unacceptable condition. This deposit to be paid by means of Master or Visa card on the day of collection date of the motorhome. No other form of payment is acceptable.
After return of the motorhome, Chelston Motorhome Hire will reimburse the security deposit within 1 week following the return of the motorhome, taking into account any claims under the rental contract.
In the Low and Mid Seasons a 4 day minimum period applies; exceptions to this are a minimum of 7 days for all overseas travel and some Bank Holiday weekends. In the High Season the minimum period extends to 7 days with the exception of late June where the minimum hire extends to 10 days. A maximum of 28 days hire applies to all bookings.
VEHICLE COLLECTION AND RETURN DAYS
Our collection days for the Low and Mid Season are Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday between 2.00 pm and 4.00 pm; collections on Saturday are by appointment only. In the High Season our collection days are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday or Saturday. Vehicle returns in the Low and Mid Season to be any weekday between 9.00 am and 10.30 am. In the High season vehicles may also be returned on Saturdays. NB We are not open on Sundays or Bank Holidays for collections or returns.
For all hires including overseas travel a limit of 100 miles a day (per 24 hours) will be applied.
STORAGE OF YOUR VEHICLE
Chelston Motor Home Hire can store one vehicle per hirer on our site. This area will be locked at night but all vehicles and their contents are left at the owners risk.
FULL TERMS & CONDITIONS OF HIRE
All our terms and conditions for hire can be found here